As the public, private and social sectors come together at the Global Education & Skills Forum 2018, the Varkey Teacher Ambassadors from around the world share the books that are inspiring them to prepare young people for the world of 2030.
1. The Core – Better Life, Better Performance by Oskari Saari
2. The Vanishing American Adult – Our Coming-of-Age Crisis–and How to Rebuild a Culture of Self-Reliance by Benn Sasse
3. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
4. In Search of Lost Time by Marcel Proust
5. Hamlet by William Shakespeare
6. The Four Agreements by Dr Miguel Ruiz
7. Good Luck – Creating the conditions for success in life and business by Alex Rovira
8. The Alchemist by Paul Coelho
9. Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress by Steven Pinker
10. Philosophy of Education in the Era of Globalization by Yvonne Raley and Gerhard Preyer
11. Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahenman
12. Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in the Way of True Inspiration by Ed Catmull
13. The 5 Elements of Effective Thinking by Edward Burger
14. Homo Deus. A Brief History of Tomorrow by Yuval Noah Harari
15. Last Child in the Woods – Saving our children from nature-deficit disorder by Richard Louv
16. Superintelligence: Paths, Dangers, Strategies by Nick Bostrom
17. The Future: Six Drivers of Global Change by Al Gore
18. Creative School, The grassroots revolution that is transforming education by Ken Robinson
19. Learning through play by Jean Marzollo
20. Awaken the genius of your child by Shakantala Devi
Take a Teacher Masterclass with one of the Top Ten finalists of the Global Teacher Prize 2018 on Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th March, at the Global Education & Skills Forum 2018. Their methods and outstanding contribution to the profession are sure to encourage the pivotal role of teachers everywhere.
This article was written by Varkey Teacher Ambassadors.