All parents want their children to be successful in life. And all teachers want the same for their learners. Read on as the Varkey Teacher Ambassadors (finalists of the Global Teacher Prize) share their tips for how to ensure your child is prepared for the world of 2030 and beyond.
- Support their self-confidence and self-esteem
- Give them courage to try and take risks to chance of failure
- Take care of their overall wellbeing such as rest, sleep and healthy nutrition
- Help them to build strong relationships with older people
- Open communication between your family and your child’s teachers
- Deschedule their lifeto so they learn to self-manage
- Develop a sense of wonder and curiosity of the world around them
- Celebrate diversity in all forms
- Develop their creativity and any form of artisitic expression
- Expose them to technology but help them know when it is time to switch off
- Get out into nature at every opportunity
This article was written by Varkey Teacher Ambassadors.
Register at the Box Office to attend GESF Live on Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th March 2018. Modeled on the popular late-night television talk show format, BAFTA Award-winning comedian Rory Bremner will host prominent guests in front of a live audience to discuss education and the world of 2030.